Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Brief Introduction...(JDR)


1. Name / Geographic Location: Joel Riley/The burbs of Detroit City.
2.
Church/ Pastor: Faith Apostolic Church of Troy/Marvin Walker.
3. Age: 23
4. Favorite Bible Character: Jacob
5. I’m currently reading… Misquoting Jesus by Bart Ehrman and an Introduction to Biblical Hermeneutics textbook.
6. I last downloaded…I'm all over the place, but I do know that I cannot get enough of the Animal Collective right now.
7. My Youth Congress History . . . In 2001 in Atlanta, my relationship with the behemoth that is Youth Congress began...and have been to every single one since...during this time I have gone through the prototypical experiences at a Youth Congress: Heard life changing sermons, had an encounter with God that can never be forgotten, broke up with a former girlfriend, consoled a friend who has been broken up with, cowered at talking to beautiful potential wives of the opposite gender, questioned some things religiously, held onto other things religiously, and talked and joked with the best of friends until the wee hours of the morning in the hotel lobby.

8. At NAYC, you’ll most likely find me at… probably the nearest coffee shop... (yes I am that guy).
9. I predict this Youth Congress will be… an indicator of how many youth congresses in the future will be administered.

No comments:

Post a Comment