Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wherefore art thou...(ben)

Twenty-six years ago, my parents decided to name me Ben. I grew up in the Wilmington-Newark, Delaware area, and have attended Newark UPC (pastor: Steven Beardsley) since birth. While I've always admired Jesus, I feel more akin to David. In the wake of grad school, I am now re-reading such treatises as The Evolution of International Society (Watson), and Imperial Grunts (Kaplan), while entertaining myself with Eats, Shoots & Leaves (Truss) and Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar (Cathcart and Klein). Since I work in IT, I frequently download files, the last of which was likely this. I've attended Youth Congress since 1997 (Nashville), and may be growing out of it, however, I'm passing along the experience to the next generation, as I bring them along to explore interesting places and meet "interesting" people. Youth Congress will, of course, be quite tiring.

Also, I hate Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment