Lots of good news though:
- The hallways were impressively empty (to the point that hardened booth observers were impressed) during services.
- The arena was stuffed, with perhaps 12,000 (but easily 10,000) people in attendance. The floor and lower tier were stuff, the middle tier was covered (except behind the stage) with a smattering of kids in the nosebleeds.
- No registration nightmares. Sadly, Charlotte featured its share of screamers, but that hasn't been the case in Nashville.
- The next Youth Congress city will be revealed tomorrow night. I can't tell, but I can hint: to my knowledge, Youth Congress hasn't been there previously.
- General Session Speakers speak in the middle of the "Beyond" bullseye. (Rachel Coltharp is pictured.) Very cool.
- Several husband-wife teams being used prominently.
- At lunch, our waitress told us that the restaurant closes at 11, but last night from 10-11, they had a $3,000 hour when they usually hit around $500 in that last hour. I told them to stay open later tonight & they'd have several $3,000 hours.
- Old school veterans are impressed with the 99% modest attire and long, uncut hair on the girls.