Thursday, August 6, 2009

GQ or Bust! (kdc)



The best part about manning a booth is it's easy to spot trends because the current of life is moving past your one fixed point. After a few minutes, it's not difficult to notice a pattern. Among the guys, it was:
  • A marked increase in vests. Vests with and without suitcoats.
  • A number of guys in sweaters, evidently unaware of the usual weather in Nashville in August.
  • Say it together with me kids, "Bow ties." I asked one teen, "So, bow ties?" "Yeah." "Seems like they're the new trend." "I guess. I've been wearing them for some time now." Nerd.
  • White shoes.
  • The super cool were wearing shinny legged pants. (The exclusive Kent Curry collection will be premiering in Milan this fall.)
  • Gelled mohawks.
No, I don't know what any of this means.



No comments:

Post a Comment