Sunday, August 9, 2009

The party just doesn't stop...

A few years ago my little sister went on a three week trip to Greece where teenagers from all around the world arrived and mingled to develop international bonds...My sister said the last night of the trip was one of the saddest moments of her life as she had found new best friends, and just as quick as she had found them, she was saying good bye. Those people she met are still her best friends (one of them who is from Israel stayed at my house just last week).....I say all of this to say...

Congress is unique for how short it is....you're not around people long enough to have to track them down to give them a full formal goodbye and departing hug...and when you do say the goodbye, there is not necessarily a heartbreak full of emotion as when you say goodbye after a road trip or a summer camp...Essentially we aren't given long enough time to develop a deep inner-spiritual connection that will last for years to come. So socially, I do believe youth congress is too short....on the other hand, spiritually, one comes away heavy and motivated to go back home and get things done at their church..There is church and HG (holy ghost for those are not up to speed with Apostolic Pentecostal lingo) a plenty, and I argue that if there is any place for a heartbreak upon departure it is heartbreak from the "God-drenched" services that changed us all. Back to reality....

So anyways, my post-congress journey was strange in that me and my peers had a softball tourney the day after congress, which meant I had to take the nine hour car ride home through the night in order to be at our 10 AM game the next morning....The journey was tough as one could expect, but I was able to log 6 hours of the driving, and my friend, Justin, logged the last three hours or so...and he also took this picture when I passed out (not my best moment to say the least, but I have seen worse)...

But the true disappointment came when we arrived in Michigan and the softball tournament was rained out...

So now as I type this I am waiting for my friends to pick me up to go to St. Louis for a short-term class at Urshan Graduate School of Theology....I'm looking forward to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment